Monday, August 6, 2012

One Less

Today, it is with immense gratitude, that I had the privilege to become a mom one more time. We were supposed to leave to go to civil affairs at 3pm, but because a typhoon came in last night, I found out this morning, that we would meet at the hotel.


Chun came in, accompanied by the orghanage director, and gave me a big "ni hao, mama"  she has a great smile and dimples, and has been a little in "hyper-mode" talking up a storm, and looking around.  I have to admit, it was very hard for me to control my feelings.  We did our nails, played cards, had some treats, and basically had a very good day.  The guide told me later, that she asked if she could go to McDonalds for dinner, b/c she had never been there before.  Wish I had my camera with me, but I got to watch Chun have her first hamburger :)
She has called her foster parents a few times, as well as one of her good friends.  Her foster mom called on the guides phone and asked to talk to me...she was very happy for Chun and answered lots of questions.
She even sent her with 2 books so she could continue to practice reading and with the hope of her keeping her language.
Tomorrow, we will do most of the paperwork.  Our guide has been wonderful, so far, her is very interactive with Chun, and she is very open with him...which is letting me into a small portion of her world.  Can't wait to see what comes next. Maybe better pictures!  Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.  Can't wait to skype with the kids tomorrow, so they can meet Chun (aka "the girl" from Mazhu :)

9 comments:

Michele said...

So very happy for you all! "The girl" is gorgeous! I remember the "hyper mode" all too well. Thankfully that calms down as the nervousness gets better! xoxoxo

Love,
Michele, Emily, Ali, and Madi ( and Nana too)

Teresa said...

Oh Vicki, "the girl" is gorgeous! LOL I am so happy that Chun's Gotcha Day went so well. My prayers continue for you both as the days move forward and you get to know each other. Sending lots and lots of love to you both!

Teresa

vicki said...

thanks michele,i know it is perfectly normal...besides, much better than sitting against a door, any day :)

vicki said...

thanks teresa..i can feel the love :)

Michele said...

Yup, I am sure sitting up against the door wasnt much fun!! I hope the weather clears up and you can go exploring! She can work off some of that nervous energy. She is so gorgeous!!

xoxo

Kathy said...

So happy for you and your beautiful family, Vicki!

Roaming Gnomes said...

Congratulations! I am so thrilled for your family!

Unknown said...

AWESOME! She is soooo pretty, and I am thrilled you had such a warm and wonderful family day!!! Frankly - anything less than full out escape has to be enjoyable!! Miss you and can't wait till you are home safe and sound!! "The Girl" will be in a truly abundant source of love ... once she gets here!! More Pics.. and all our Love - Missy, DH & The Chillz

Jayne said...

So happy to hear that today was such a great day for both of you! So thrilled that Chun is with her forever Mommy. She is beautiful!! Enjoy your time with her! Can't wait to hear more about this amazing time with "the girl"