Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CA confirmed, oh my! I am really going to China.

Yesterday was a crazy day.  What else is new in the world of International Adoption.  Started with a call that we had a confirmed Consulate Appt. on 8/14 at 10 am.  That meant that I was now free to get plane tickets for my trip.  August is probably one of the single most expensive time to travel to China.  Not only are the ticket prices high, they are very hard to get.  I spent most of the day feeling like I was going to throw up (sorry) most of today was spent like that, as well.  This is the 4th time I am traveling in August.  One travel agent told me I had "bad timing"
Well, today I have confirmed seats there and back.  I will be flying Korean Air with a stop over in Seoul, but  this was the best I could do.  No wait, I could have flown Cathay Pacific or Air China, stayed an extra week, for the mere sum of $6000 just for me, and that's coach!!
Now, I am hopeful to get shopping, packing, cleaning and 2 rooms painted and beds put together in the next few days.  Guess I will be sleeping well on the plane.

2 comments:

kimjax said...

Hooray, Vicki!!!! I loved Korean Air - it was the best airline I've flown yet! The stewardesses work so hard and are so kind - the bathrooms are spotless all the time. :) I'm so excited to follow along and pray for you. Best wishes for a fabulous trip!! Blessings, Kim

Trish said...

Hi Vicki! I know you don't know us but I saw your post on the Chengdu group. I am excited we will be meeting you on our trip. We also have a Consulate appt of Aug 14th at 10am. We will be traveling to Chengdu to adopt our daughter who turned 12 years old in June. Where are you headed this time? Hope to meet you in Guangzhou! We only have 6 children compared to your 12 and this is our last adoption journey as well. Thanks for your blog! You can view ours at lovinghis.blogspot.com I haven't had a chance to update it yet with our TA or CA-life got a little busy when we decided to leave Aug 4th! Safe travels and blessings as you unite with your new daughter!