Well, how would my life be if not mostly on the run. Most people I know who travel this path will agree that time drags on forever as you " hurry up and wait" .....and then BAM! You are scrambling to get it all done to leave at the last possible moment. This time was no exception. I started to pack athursday night and then spent hours on Friday trying to locate the new passport pictures that we took and the huge amount of Chinese money I had left over from a previous trip ( as in maybe $6, but figured it could get me a bottle of water).
Ended up leaving work early to finish things up and make sure the crew didn't starve for at least the first few days. I did end up finding the pictures as they fell into a bag that had a shirt I was going to try to bring back
Saturday morning came and it was time to go. Probably my fastest time through JFK. China southern 's newest route was good and efficient and I was able to make my connecting flight with time to spare. I was met by my super- organized guide Jane who had me filling out paperwork while on the way to the hotel.
Monday morning and we arrived at civil affairs about an hour before Xiao Gang so we could exchange money and finish with papers. He is very sweet and quiet. He is sporting a huge scab on one side of his face as I was told it happened while on a motorbike with his foster family. He had the photo album I sent and the SWI sent some pictures of when he was younger. A definite treasure for us to have.
We spent that first day hanging around for a little while and then we went out to get water and snacks. Came back to rest since he was up so early and then we spent a few hours at the nearby park which is big and had rides and lots of walking paths. Had dinner and thought it would be a quiet night but this guy decided that 3 am was still a good time to be awake. He wasn't sad , had some stomache issues but just played quietly and then was waking me up at 6. This mom is tired!!
Today we finished the paperwork and it is official. Hoping for lights out in 15 minutes and for a good nights sleep.
2 comments:
So glad Lisa reminded me about your blog! Glad to hear that you have Marcus and I hope his upset tummy has settled down. Can't wait to see photos of you together! Sending love and prayers from our family to you guys. xoxoxo
So happy for you and Marcus. Enjoy your special time together. Safe travels. XOXO
Post a Comment