Sunday, October 18, 2015

One week tomorrow

The connections I have had in Gaungzhou haven't been the best and it has been hard to post pictures. I will have to do that when I'm home and settled.
This is what I've learned this week, Xiao Gang is pretty quiet. Sometimes when he's asked things(even in Mandarin) he will either just look or will mouth the words with no voice. Now, I know he can speak bc he will talk very softly from time to time. He willingly will hold my hand and smiles when we are out walking.
He has a sweet smile, he loves music( he breaks out in dance when music starts playing while we are out and about. He continues to show me his Kung Fu moves, thankfully no longer at 3 am,
He eats like any other Van Nostrand, so no help in the food buying department...lol.
Yesterday w
He completed his medical exam, which is needed to get his Visa to travel home. He handled it like a trooper. Sadly( to me) they asked if he would have his blood work done first, and he marched in rolling up his sleeve. While it was nice to not see him go in or come out screaming, it's sad thinking that he does it so well due to his past surgeries. He was just as brave while getting his 3 shots. Daniel, when we were there, needed 8!  I still think it is so crazy getting so many shots and not knowing what their reactions could be, all the while you are usually leaving a day or two later .
Today, another family and I went to Safari Park. The other families went to the zoo, where I didn't want to go. Last time I was there was in 2008 and I didn't really like it. Of course, Mazhu, liked it a lot, although not sure how much he took in while running laps there. Lol
Safari park is beautiful, the animals look very well taken care of and there is so much to do there
I bought food so Xiao Gang could feed the giraffes and I could get a photo op, but the giraffe pulled the entire branch from his hand. He had a great time and it was so much fun listening to him laugh so much at the monkies, and especially the white tigers as the jumped into the pool while retrieving their treats.
Tonight after dinner, I did get my first glance at him being upset. We were coming back from dinner and his water bottle fell into the street. He wanted to run and get it, but of course mean mother here said no!  He started yelling and pulling and I just held tight and said stop. Then he did "the squat" and refused to move. Oh little boy, you do not know this mom. Lol. I told him that this was something I had LOTS of experience in, and could wait it out. Eventually he started walking again. I did translate back in the room about listening when mom says no! He said he understood, and I'm pretty sure that will be for the moment, until the next time. Off to bed.

No comments: