Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 1







Well, the day stated off well enough, we woke up to the pouring rain, and were to leave at 9. We arrived at the swi and were met by the director and an assistant, his teacher was in a meeting.



Noah was brought in a little while later, shy and quiet. Now I'm told, that if I had sent some pictures, maybe he wouldn't have been so shy. Well, not only did a traveling family deliver a photo album and small toy for me in June, I also sent a translated letter, 2 cameras, stuffed animal, and a duplicate photo album in a package in July. This along with pictures that all the kids drew and wrote.



I was able to be shown around a little bit, with no picture taking of the other children. We got to see Noah's class and bedroom. Taylor was asked to stay in the conference room with Noah, since they didn't want him to get upset by seeing his friends and teachers



A littel while later we left, Noah not crying, just quiet. We were told that he likes to draw, take pictures (thanks Donna) and likes KFC. So our first family meal was there (me, not eating :) We went back to the room, were Mr. Noah was like taz man. Intrigued and pushing every button on every gadget in site. After a bit, we went downstairs to take a walk. Shortly after, the gireiving began, starting about 4 blocks from the hotel, and lasting for several hours. We again went out, and finished the same way, this time ending with all three of us crying....lots. Finally fell asleep, Taylor emotionally drained by 7,and us by 9. Attaching a few pictures.



7 comments:

Michele said...

I love the pictures. I know that we all "prepare" for a difficult transition, but when it really happens, it is HARD. I am so proud of all of you, especially Taylor. She is a wonderful girl and a terrific big sister!!!

Love to all,
Michele, Emily and Alyssa

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!!!

He is absolutely beautiful. I am so very happy for you and your family.

Keep the post and pictures coming. I hope tomorrow is a better day for Noah.

BTW, I wonder what happened to the care packages you sent?!?

Lisa, Anthony, Joseph & LilyRose

Anonymous said...

Vicki - he is just beautiful! What a handsome little guy!! Congratulations... we are cheering you from here... it is hard (as you well know) but will get easier with time, love and your boundless patience.

Hugs - Missy

Unknown said...

Keep the pictures coming!!! Hoping for more smiles today and Taylor - EFP & EBB want to play as soon as you get home... we miss you both very much...

Missy, EFP & EBB

Donna said...

Vicki,

Noah is SOOO handsome!! Can't wait to meet him in person. Hope you all were able to get some much needed sleep. Tomorrow (oops, I mean today) is another day and each one will get better as you already know :0)

Much love,

Donna and the crew

P.S. Tell Noah I can't wait to see his pictures!!

Kristen said...

Vicki,

I posted (or so I thought I did) yesterday, but it didn't show up.

Noah is just beautiful - he looks like he is just the sweetest little boy. An extremely tough day, yes...you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope each day gets easier and easier. We are so proud of Taylor for being such a huge help to you and such a great big sister. Big hugs to you Mom; I can't imagine how tough it is; and Noah - we are just in love with you already and can't wait for you to come home.

Vicki, we'll call soon and check in on you.

Miss you and the biggest hugs to you all,
xoxo Kris

The Shea Family said...

Vicki, Taylor & Noah,
Vicki and Taylor, Congratulations, Mom and Sister! Noah is so adorable. We can't wait to meet you, Noah! Keep the pix and posts coming. Sheila and the Shea gang