Ok, so 2 weeks ago, there were 2 aftershocks in Sichuan provence, where Noah is from....5.8 and 6.2 several days apart. Those are aftershocks? C'mon that is a large earthquake! Luckily, unlike in May, there were not too many people injured but there was structural damage. On Friday, Sichuan provence again experienced an earthquake (at least it was called that this time) Nervous mom kicks in...how many more will there be? Will people escape without being hurt or worse, will there be more damage to all the buildings that already have suffered so much. And then my mind went to...what if "they" were to close travel again.
I am leaving in 3 more days. My best friend of 32 years told me last night, that I must have a "thing" with the weather. Our family went on it's first cruise/family vacation during Hurricane Katrina! Now we watch our son and people of Sichuan as it gets pelted with earthquakes, and on Saturday, they are predicting some weather from a hurricane which is currently in the Atlantic.
Praying hard, that the weather is only rain, and there are no delays to our flight so that we can be united with Noah on Monday.
Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do~Jackson Brown, Jr
4 comments:
Always in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that you get off as scheduled on Saturday and have Noah in your arms by Monday. Praying that the weather cooperates and youd don't encounter any hurricanes or earthquakes or any other weather alerts LOL. Like they say, "the odds are in your favor," right?
Love,
Michele and the girls and Nana too
I have my fingers crossed for you. Can't wait to see little Noah in your arms.
How was the first day of school? Joseph had a great time. I wish there were no "weekends off" and school was 7 days a week. lol
I hope to talk with you before you leave, if not Good Luck and I'll be watching and praying everyday.
Lisa
Hello dear friend,
We're thinking of you, praying for you, Noah, Rich, all the kids. Know we love you lots and our thoughts will carry you safely to China!
I'll miss you while you are gone, but will definitely call and check in. Soon that handsome little guy will know his mommy's (and daddy's and brothers and sisters) love!
Hugs, Kristen
And thank you for bringing even MORE bottles - you ROCK!
xoxo Kris
Post a Comment