Thursday, September 11, 2008

pandas






ok, so if i have mentioned this already, just shake your head and smile. since sichuan provence and chengdu are known for 2 very large panda breeding sites, everywhere you go in chengdu has pictures and statues of pandas. even in our hotel, they are embroidered on all the towels and washclothes.

today we had the wonderful chance to see the pandas up close and personal. from the baby nursery(how could they start out sooooo small) to the playpens for the 1 month olds, to the kindergarteners and beyond. we were there early in the morning, so they were out and about and playing, so cute. we then went on to see the red pandas and both taylor and i took turns holding one and feeding it. we would have loved to do the giant pandas but the price was too much for us, even though all the money goes back into panda research.

mazhu had a pretty good day, sprinkled with tantrums, but hey, i'm no slouch to viewing a tantrum or 2. sometimes it's funny, especially when he wants something that the mean mama vetos (yes, i do :) all in all a good day, we picked up our completed paperwork, and did more walking this afternoon

we leave in the morning to guangzhou.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG, we love the Panda pictures.

I just went to have the tattoo designed for my shoulder that will have LilyRose's name and guess what, it's a baby panda. Think you can fit one or two of those towels in your suitcase? lol

Noah is so darn cute. Glad that you are closer to the next part of your journey and soon you will be home. Keep the post and pictures coming. I look forward to seeing what is happening with you guys everyday.

Tell Taylor is she great and I have to say she is one beautiful young lady.

Love to you all

Lisa and family

The Shea Family said...

Wow, I can't believe you are onto GZ already! The pix are so cute, everyone looks good. I guess I am in for a few viewings of tantrums myself soon! We love reading about your journey, look forward to the posts and pix. The Sheas :)

Kristen said...

Wow - what great pictures and my favorite is the great big smile on Noah's face! So happy that things are getting better and better. (Lisa is right - Taylor is great and so beautiful!)

I'm going to try and call you.
xoxo
Kris

Unknown said...

That red panda is scary lookin!