Friday, September 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home






Ok, so i wrote what for me is a lot, and posted pictures, only to somehow not save it :(

Well, we are home, tired (me) and less than tired Ma Zhu and Taylor. Ma Zhu slept only 2 hours of 36 hours traveling, which meant mommy only slept that much, as well. I couldn't risk falling asleep, or I might have found him helping the pilots fly the plane.

We landed 45 minutes ahead of scheduale, and then spent the next 45 minutes waiting for the congestion to leave on the tarmac. We were greeted by baba, 3 jiejies, and 2 geges. Ma Zhu just stood and took it all in. We were out of the airport and in the car in about 5 minutes, and then got welcomed back to NY traffic :) The ride home was fine, no complaints about the car seat, some bickering about who would get to sit next to Ma Zhu ( Brendan won, along with me) and then a silent, teary ride home until he finally fell asleep. Guess that power nap is what had him running around the front yard when we arrived home, taking it all in...soccer, rocket stomping and tball all in a few minutes.

BTW, thank you soooooo very much to Joanne and her homecoming crew. How special to pull in the driveway to see the balloons, welcoming signs and streamers. It really meant the world.

It took awhile to convince Ma Zhu to come into the house. Of course, the 2 big dogs probably didn't help any. I went in for a wonderful greeting, and while one dog was kissing my face, Ma Zhu started to smile, so more kisses for me, and then laughing from him. Finally he was inside to see what he could touch and do there. Round and round he went, and first time down the stairs he jumped the last 6 (man, I'd better take more vitamins)

Janine had met us at the airport, and her boyfriend came from work for dinner. Ma Zhu didn't want him to leave, he kept pulling him back into the house..too funny.

night time was a whole 'nother game. he played musical beds for awhile, but didn't fall asleep until 9:30. he woke back up at 11pm, where oh where does this energy come from, and more importantly, where can i get even one tiny dose. I woke back up at 1am, to find him downstairs, watching cartoons. Rich told me he came down with the dog, and when he brought down his covers, he refused to sit on the couch with baba...guess he's even more scarey late at night.

Got him back to bed, in my bed, and he slept until 10:30.

enjoy some pictures of the day

3 comments:

Michele said...

Welcome Home, my friend. I can't wait to give you a hug and to meet your son! Glad you are home safe and sound. See you next week!

Love,
Michele and the girls

Lisa said...

Hey Glad your home. I hope you are getting some rest. I am sure that all the kids are having a ball. Can't wait to meet up with you and the kids. Joseph keeps asking when he can hang with B.

Hope all is well and I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Lisa

Kristen said...

Welcome Home. So glad that all the people who were in China that I love are home safe and sound! :)

We can't wait to meet your newest family member - and perhaps one of mine can help tire him out LOL

Hugs and kisses,
Kristen